What Does Mom Really Want for Mothers Day? Mother’s Day Gift Guide – Sleep, Sanity, feeling Sexy on NBC6 Miami in the Mix
Working hard … hardly working?
Quando estoy en Miami, trabajar es un placer. (ya I speak a little Spanish.) If I made errors, sorry. No tengo una persona con quien hablar, tambien no estudio Espanol despues de diez y ocho anos.)
Back to our English program.
So, I was in Miami, last week, taping my version of the perfect Mother’s Day Gift Guide. The segment, which airs today at 11:30am on NBC6 Miami in the Mix, spotlights my three Mother’s Day desires – Sleep, Sanity and Sex. Now, before you get your Brazilian thongs in a tizzy, I didn’t actually go on a day-time show watched by moms and their toddlers, and say “sex”. My mother is a Children’s Manners and Social Skills Coach, after all – shameless plug for Ask Malvina! The phrase I used was “feeling sexy”, something many women don’t think about, at least not enough, once they enter mommy land.
Here’s a run down of what was featured.
Feeling SEXY – This is about feeling good, taking care of yourself, and having that sizzling twinkle in your eye. (Alas, nipple tassels were not allowed in my PG13 segment)
- Ambrielle intimates exclusively at JCPenney ($10-$38) – Sexy, yet sensual, and a great price point, this is the prrr-fect gift idea for the man in your life to show that he still views you as his sexy kitten.
- NEOVA DNA Damage Control SILC SHEER SPF 40($45) – My mom always said I should take care of my skin. Now I can give her a gift that will boost up our sun-safe and skin-care-loving game. This product is triple beauty threat, providing broad-spectrum sun protection, a photo finish sheer tint that evens out the skin (hello Mother’s Day photos) and it repairs damage caused by previous sun exposure. That last bit is thanks to DNA repair enzymes which support and accelerate the body’s natural repair system, slowing formation of fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, and discolorations. Make a beauty basket (I find great baskets at the dollar store) and get mom NEOVA Refining Eye Lift ($56) and DNA Total Repair ($99).
SLEEP – It’s such a simple task, and, yet, so hard for a mom to properly complete. Show mom love and giver her the time and the tools to recharge, so she can continue to hold down the fort! #MeaningfulMeMoments
- Remedy Heat Sensitive Memory Foam Sleep Mask w/ Music Input ($16.10 Overstock.com) – Even if the kids are being load, the hubby can hardly manage the situation and its daylight outside, this sleep mask has you covered it total darkness. Plus it has built-in headphones, so you can zen out to Buddhist nirvana sounds or Kurt Cobain Nirvana sounds.
- Art Naturals Essential Oil Diffuser ($29.99, Overstock.com) – Mom can calm her nerves and set the mood for a good night’s sleep, with this beautiful ultrasonic oil diffuser. I love that it’s super quiet. Duuhh, I’m trying to sleep!
- Alder Creek Lavender French Flower Bucket ($26.99, Overstock.com) – In the mood for a quick fix, nothing like a lavender scented basket. Useful. Peaceful. Done.
SANITY – Mom, by nature, is not sane. How can she be? Have you seen her to-do lists (yes, multiple lists, in multiple places in the office, kitchen, car, beg ….) Help her try to keep it together with organizational and inspirational essentials.
- Burlington Stores (Jewelry Box and Journal $4-$38) Motherhood can be maddening, and sometimes you just need to get your thoughts out there, journaling is great outlet. I found so many beautiful options at my favorite off-price retailer Burlington Stores. Keep walking those aisles and you’ll likely find other goodies like a jewelry box. Pop in a bracelet as a gift within a gift. Moms love surprises – at least this one does. Hint, hint, family.
- Erin Condren Organization & Home Décor Items ($6-$75) – All hail the queen of organizational chicness. I have so many items from this brand, but the personalized schedule pad (which lives in my kitchen) if my life safer. Everyone knows what’s goes on, who needs to eat what, who’s traveling, who’s picking up kids, etc. I’m also in love with the Picture This! Acrylic Tray ($75) which is great to use a tray to hold my book and coffee if I’m going to read in bed. Not sure when that fantasy will happen … but I love to dream big.
- Cooks 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker ($120) – So I’m not a coffee drinker (tea is my poison), but for those who bean it up, this machine is ideal for the mom who’s always getting pulled away from her warm cup. Thanks to a thermal carafe, mom’s cup stays hot for hours. Plus, she can program the coffee maker up to 24 hours in advance, so her cup is waiting for her at 7am, 6am, 5am (5am can not be managed without caffeine.)
Special thank you to Johanna Gomez, who beautifully filling in as host of Miami 6 in the Mix, while my friend Roxy Vargas is on maternity leave. FYI Johanna is a sassy mama of 3, who’a originally from New York. Check her out on Instagam.