I’ve really thought about this … and I’ve already mentioned in many posts that I don’t have that much time to think! As a mom, all I really want is SLEEP, SANITY and SEX.
I want to sleep enough, so that I can stay sane, focused and organized during the day, and have enough energy to make it through the night, aka sex. That last part is very important. (Sidebar – if you’re regularly opting out because you’re too tired, you need to hire a babysitter/phone-a-friend/take more mini vacations/staycations with no kids in the house … you get the idea. I’m very passionate about lots of passion. But, we can talk about that another time.)
After taking all of the above into consideration, I’ve picked some of my absolute favorite items that will make sure the mom’s in your life actually get gifts that will make them happy, gifts that will allow them to Always Be Your Best You. This is my honest, from the heart, Mothers Day Gift Guide.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide for more Sleep, Sanity & Sex
1. Perpetual Shade Arianna Lace Eye Mask $69 – Since becoming a mom, all lights and sounds bother me. I need total darkness, if I’m to have quality sleep. These shades are luxury for my eyes. You really want quality material touching your delicate skin.
2. Tata Harper Aromatic Bedtime Treatment $60 – I’m addicted to this soothing aroma. It’s the last think I do before I hit the pillow. FYI It’s nursing mom approved – non-toxic, all natural.
3. Sabbath in the Suburbs: A Family’s Experiment with Holy Time by Rev. MaryAnn McKibben-Dana $16- Putting a book on this list is ridiculous. Most young moms don’t have time to read, unless that’s our planned Meaningful Me Moments. But, for those times when we carve out our me time, and we are in the mood to read, this is the book to pick up. I read this while making milk for baby David, last summer. Mom will laugh, maybe cry, and perhaps be inspired.
4. Erin Condron Weekly Schedule Pad $30 and Desk Pad $30 – Staying organized it top priority, if you’re to have any sanity in your life. As an organizational duntz – I’m trying – I’m addicted to everything from this colorful, well-designed brand. It’s no surprise that Erin is a busy mom, herself. She really gets what we need to manage our lives.
5. Lyve Home $299 – Moms love to take pictures. Moms love to be organized. Somebody at Lyve loves moms. Think of this handy device as a cowboy that wrangles all your photos into a file cabinet all your own. It’s a “cabinet” that you can access anywhere, at any time without having to keep thousands of photos and videos on your smart phone. This was a game changer in my home.
6. Keurig 2.0 K550 Brewing System in Marsala $200 – Does a good coffee/tea machine need explaining? #Sanity
7. LAYNEAU Collection Isabella Dressing Gown $2200 – The photo doesn’t do this blush chiffon robe any justice. This is the robe you wear in your bedroom that seductively, begs for a reveal. I like to wear it in front of strangers. See below for explanation.
8. Nevaeh Intimates Pleasure Romper $202 – The name alone won me over. Listen up guys, your gal wants sexy lingerie, but a teddy is so typical. A romper, now that’s fresh and sexy. Plus, ladies, it’s so much more comfortable to sleep in through the night. Why only put it on and lake it off? Imagine the extra special wake-up you might get if you’re greeting him in this, in the morning?
9. Arielle Haspel’s jeWELLry i love me ring $395 (for Rose Gold with White Pearl – my personal favorite) – Sanity isn’t just about staying organized with your time and things, it’s about staying focused with your thoughts. Sometimes, mom needs reminding that she needs to love herself. This ring, and it’s message, should be a mandatory mantra for all moms.