Mom Sunday Spa Night: Collagen Latte, Sarah Jessica Parker & Divorce
With the weather dipping to near 10°C, today, here in New York City, I wanted to share a cozy drink that will add extra warmth and pampering to your Mom Sunday Spa Night – a Collagen Latte.
Below is a recipe for my Coconut Collagen Latte.
Yup, it combines warm coffee with the wellness benefits of collagen.
- improved skin tone and elasticity
- stronger nails and hair
- improvement in joint health
- boost gut health
After you pop out of the shower, (and maybe also after read that last bed time story, because #momlife is mom life) prep a cup of this yummy and beauty boosting Collagen Latte, which is made with Vital Proteins’ new Collagen Creamer. FYI lactose-free mamas, you will appreciate this non-dairy and delicious creamer.
Make sure you have your cup in time for tonight’s Season 2 premier of HBO’s Divorce, starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Thomas Haden Church, airing 10pm-10:30pmEST.
I had the pleasure of speaking with SJP, this week, thanks to an intimate gathering hosted by Denise Albert and Melissa Gerstein of The Moms (total #hustlelikeamom afternoon !!) and I was so impressed, as always, with Sarah Jessica Parker’s ability to make the person she was speaking to, feel like they were the most important person in the room.
That’s what she does in person, and what she does in her role as Frances on HBO’s Divorce. She speaks to you, she makes you want to understand her story, her decision to file for divorce, her emotional journey.
I’m adding DIVORCE to my Mom Sunday Spa Night because the show is truly a reminder to love yourself, listen to your gut, fight for your joy, and never forget that it was “just us two” i.e. husband and wife, before it was mom+dad+kids.
As one of the other guests at lunch pointed out, watching DIVOCE can actually save a marriage. Hmm….
“The idea of liberation is very different than the actual experience,” Sarah Jessica explained, at our lunch. As star and executive producer of Divorce, she added that, “We fight [to show] the unpleasantness of divorce and life because it’s fun to play it” and it makes the show more real.
“The more people are candid and decent when describing experiences, the better off we will be.”
And with that morsel of goodness, my decent and delicious collagen latte recipe.
COCONUT COLLAGEN LATTE
Collagen Latte Ingredients
- 1 Scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
- 6 oz cup of brewed coffee (I LOVE Cafe Bustelo)
- 3 oz plus 1 oz milk or non-dairy milk (I use Almond unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Cinnamon or nutmeg, to taste
Collagen Latte Instructions
- Add coffee, 3 oz. of milk, coconut oil, and Collagen Creamer into a blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Pour the remaining 1 oz. of milk into a mason jar. Screw on the lid and shake until froth. Or use a hand-held frother, if you have one at home.
- Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. This will harden the froth. (I don’t own a microwave so I skip this step)
- Spoon the froth over the latte, and sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if using.