The official start of spring is just two days away. And, with the warmer weather slowly (maybe too slowly) creeping in, I can’t help but start to covet warm-weather accessories.
If rummaging through your mother’s closet isn’t yielding you any groovy finds, I’ve rounded up springs top accessories inspired by the retro 70s. We may not all look good in high-wasted, wide rib pants, but a fridge bag is universally flattering.
1. Ramy Brook Camile Fringe Messenger $425
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Rimless Top Sunglasses $275
3. JCPenney Scala Metallic Straw Fedora $22
4. House of Harlow 1960 Trapezoid Chandelier Pendent Necklace $98
5. MCM Drawstring Mini Bucket Tote $1320
6. JCPenney Decree Aqua Stone Feather Earrings $10
7. Valentino Butterfly-Print Round Sunglasses $346
8. Sam Edelman Gisela Fringed Metallic Leather Gladiator Sandals $200
9. sakroots Artist Circle Drawstring Tote $79
10. Boy Meets Girl X Roman Luxe Crazy Open Triangle Ring $65
11. Passiana Gold Grecian Fringe Bib Necklace $100
12.FENDI Chameleon Bicolor Engraved Patent Leather Peep-Toe Sandals $950
When shopping on your own, here are the accessories to seek out:
1. Sunglasses: Round shades
2. Bags: Fringe; buckets; suede
3. Shoes: Chunky heels; fringe; gladiators; denim
4. Jewelry: Geometric; feathers; fringe; malachite
5. Hats: Wide rim, floppy; fedora
Check out my “interview” with the legendary designer, Diane von Furstenberg, who created the her iconic wrap dress in the late 1970s.