Happy Friday, and Happy almost February.
Hello, how did we just swoop into 2016?
Okay, feeling better? If the dragging days and winter’s chilly, slow pace has you down, just roll with the yin punches and check out the five items that are made my Winter Warm Up list.
FYI Head over to my Instagram page to find out how YOU COULD WIN one of these Winter Warm Up goodies. There will be five winners in all!!
1. Olyve Flowers $85 – $150 – If you’ve ever delivered flowers via a 1-800 service or a local florist you don’t know, you’ve likely overpaid and been underwhelmed. This is NOT that type of flower delivery service. From the freshness of the flowers, to the beautiful vases and, of course, the signature mod-style box packaging, this might have to becoming my new monthly essential. I’ve had Lucy (see below) winking at me with her sexy eyes for over two weeks, and she looks just as youthful as when she first arrived at my doorstep. No botox, or event added watering, thus far, needed. Oh, but the brand currently only ships to NYC, San Diego, LA, Miami and Philly.
2. Wool and The Gang Beginner Kits start at $34.75 – Knitting, it’s not something I ever thought would become a trend. But, from celebs to college kids, everyone…and their grandmother…is a knit whit. While I’m not as fast as our nanny, my mother-in-law or the girl I was eyeing in SOHO last week, when I do my slow and simple knitting (still making my first scarf) I find it very soothing. If you’re looking for a relaxing, in-door activity that gets your mind off work, the kids and outside drama, pick up one of their kits. I kinda wish I was pregnant, so I’d have an excuse to make baby booties. Ah, next time.
3. Kissamint Miss Independamint $19.50 – Nothing warms me up more than kissing my husband. LOVE it like it was 2002 (the year we met). This hydrating, shea butter and Jojoba oil-infused lip balm not only makes sure my lips are always in kiss-worthy form, but the reverse side of the tube is a powerful (translation: one drop needed) mint drop freshener. How is this product not a sponsor for a Valentine’s Day mixer? Oh, and in keeping with my greener, cleaner lifestyle, the product is Gluten Free, Paraben Free, Sulfate Free, Petrolatum Free, Phthalate Free, and Cruelty Free. You’re welcome.
4. Bestowed for Home $20 for first box – Don’t you just love when someone things for you? As a mom I feel like I’m always thinking and planning. That’s why I LOVE these curated, healthy snacking boxes. Every month you get snacks, beverages and other healthy happy goodies (once I got a fab book with hundreds of ideas for salads. So, who’s doing the thinking, label reading and intense scrutinizing? Nutritionist, author and mom-of-three (ya she’s all that and a bag of GMO-free chips!) Heather Bauer. #GirlCrush Even if you’re not a box delivery kind-of-gal, check out their site for useful infomraiton about healthy snacking and meals. There’s a great section for kids snacks.
5. Hello Kity by OPI $20-$26 – Being an 80’s baby, you could probably sell me toxic waste in the image of Hello Kitty and I’d be ALL IT! Fortunately, this isn’t toxic waste. It’s mani time! I’ve already begun to play around and can’t waitto share this with my nieces on Sunday. Oh, and my little munchkins love the “kotik” (cat, in Russian). For them, the box is a toy to adore.
Thanks for helping me get through some hectic feeding this week. Your Hello Kitty packaging was a welcome distraction! Also, thank you for sending me Hello Kitty cookies. Kotik, cookies and Suits was the name of the game, last night.
Don’t forget to head over to my Instagram page to find out how YOU COULD WIN one of these Winter Warm Up Friday Five Finds for Mom, Baby, and Home.
PS Should I call it Friday Five Finds for Mom, Kids, and Home, since I technically don’t have a baby anymore? Or, maybe, I should just make a new baby?!
Hmm … something to ponder over the weekend.