I rarely create recipes, but lately I’ve been having fun making minor better-for-ya tweaks, to meals my family already loves.
Side note – it’s so great to be able to cook dishes everyone eats! No more just us and just the kids food. Is anyone else thrilled to be in the phase of motherhood? !!
This week, I make my Quinoa Turkey Meatballs. It’s a tweak to a fantastic recipe Jessica Alba shared on the Martha Stewart show.
Her yummy secret is cooking the turkey meatballs in broth. It adds tons of flavor and rich vitamins, plus the wellness-boosting benefits of collagen to your dinner.
Unlike the stock you find in the grocery aisle, Bru is low in social, cold-presses broth, which is infused withnutritious veggies and spices. You get added flavors and spices, so make sure to pick one you know the family will like. We love Hug in a Mug and Turmeric Ginger.
Enjoy this warm, delicious recipe and have a wonderful weekend, mamas.
Quinoa Turkey Meatballs – INGREDIENTS
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup panko (You can also crush GG Crackers for added fiber)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken broth
Quinoa Turkey Meatballs – DIRECTIONS
- Cook quinoa.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, panko, carrots, quinoa, onion, eggs, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Form into 1-inch balls. You should get about 20.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook and keep turning, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is nearly fully absorbed, about 10 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth and increase heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed.
- Prepare yourself for happy dance from family.