Pistachio Gluten Free Cookies anyone?
I’ve taken bits from other recipes and melded them into the most moist, wholesome homemade cookies ever!
Best of all, they are gluten free, loaded with yummy and pretty pistachios. Plus, you get the beauty benefits and delicious texture of oatmeal.
Who’s ready to dunk these babies into some almond milk? Today is World Pistachio Day, after all.
Oatmeal & Pistachio Gluten Free Cookies
Makes 1-2 dozen depending on the desired size of cookies.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup raw organic sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup water
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low/medium to combine. Mix in the mashed banana and 1/4 cup of water, until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Add the pistachios and oats, mixing briefly.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a tablespoon to scoop out 2-inch dough balls, placing them about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake until just golden on top, about 10 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.