Happy Valentine’s Day!
Before I head down to bake Banana Bread with heart shape sprinkles and kick off a raging – RAGING- Valentine’s Day party with the hubby and munchkins, I wanted to share my favorite lip care products, so we can all have sexy lips.
Remember to Love Your Lips and keep it sexy every single day of the week! Feel free to use Valentine’s day to reboot and resassify your love life. Yes, that’s a word! Don’t let Vday be the only day you lock lips, wear thongs, trim your bush, etc. etc. Always Be Your Best You every single day. You deserve it. Your lips deserve it. And, now, mine deserve to wrap around … banana bread. (What did you think I would type at 10am? The kids aren’t even napping! I have some limits.)
1. Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Charming $36 – I’m all about multi-tasking products. Use this tint to add color to lips and cheeks, while also filling in fine lines and added some plumpness. Best of all, it’s free of synthetics, toxins, fillers, and artificial colors and fragrance.
2. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti Aging Lipstick in Melon $28 – I’ve finally made the switch to cleaner, greener lipstick because it’s the one cosmetics item I reapply over a dozen times, per day. And, it gets ingested into into my bloodstream every time I drink/eat. Eek. This moisture-packed stick not only has a fruity (non-laboratory smell) thanks to the fruit coloring, it’s also free of synthetic chemicals, synthetic dyes, chemical preservatives and other toxins, including lead.
The Food and Drug Administration is way behind the EU and Canada in terms of protecting women from potentially harmful chemicals in cosmetics. As a tip – and this will most definitely be discussed in future posts, as I get more educated on the matter – try to buy a lipstick that is also sold in the EU, in the exact same formulation. To learn more check out SafeCosmetics.org.
3. Beauty For Real Lip Revival $14 – Lip scrubs are the new beauty step to add to your routine. I do it once a week, usually at night. Just layer on a pinch amount, and gently massage onto lips. I like to leave it on for a minute or two – during which time I’m usually applying under eye creme. Then, I like to wash, pat dry and apply a hydrating, clear lip balm overnight from Tata Harper, or spa-out all the way and apply Patchology FlashPatch Lip Gels.
4. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Intensive Lip Balm $20 – A few weeks ago, I was battling nasty chap lips and cold sores galore. Once the sores were on the mend, I used this balm to repair my acky, breaky lips. It was remarkable. Since then, this FAB balm has become an in the bag essential. The secret weapon is Colloidal Oatmeal (not to be confused with the oatmeal I had for breakfast) which is knows to sooth and smooth skin all over the body.
FYI If you have a little one that suffers from eczema, run a bath and drop some Colloidal Oatmeal in it. The natural anti-itch property will relieve discomfort and sooth your munchkin’s skin.
5. Patchology FlashPatch Lip Gels $50 – These stay-put gels are so much fun to wear, provide a punch of hydration that you really feel deep inside your lips, and are awesome at night as part of your wind down OR in the morning to boost volume and get lips ready for a luscious day. Ya, I’m kinda obsessed. #NoImNotASpokesperson but #ShootIWishIWere