Hello Saturday. I don’t mean to confuse you with Friday, by posting Friday Five Finds, today, but, as usually, yesterday did NOT go according to plan!! Oh, ya, that’s just life in The Land of Motherhood.
Two words: Swollen Eye!!
Doctors. Blood work. No day care. Exhaustion for all.
But, back to the Friday Five Finds for Mom, Baby & Home, that I meant to post, yesterday. PS Thank you to my father-in-law for walking my son, and Mr. Tchaikovsky for creating The Nutcracker, which is currently entertaining my daughter, while I type away.
1. Peter Pauper Press Tree of Life Journal $6 – Journaling has been part of my nightly routine since I was in middle school, but I haven’t been very consistent over the last three years. Perhaps this notebook will inspire me.
2. Urban Infant Toddler Nap Mat $48 – I was searching for bedding that would fit easily on a day care cot, without sliding off. I also wanted something that was easy to bring back-and-forth, as we wash it every weekend. (I love when things are EASY.) This bedding is the smart solution for busy moms that what everything in one neat package – bedding, pillow, pillow case and pocket for pjs. Beauty sleep for Ilana and one thing off my to-buy list = zensation.
3. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain $7 – There’s nothing like a good book to wind down the day. (PS I’m a NO-TV-IN-THE-BEDROOM gal, because you’re either sleeping or not sleeping – sometimes reading – in bed. ) If you’re reading this one, let me know what you think. I’ve always wanted to be part of a book club.
4. Cockscomb Flower – Making floral arrangements is a passion of mine, and one of the ways I create Meaningful Me Moments. So, when I was strolling through the Farmers Market in Union Square, earlier this week, I couldn’t help but purchase a bushel of these lovely, velvety flowers. I’ve never seen this particular version of the cockscomb, so I was VERY excited to snatch it up for the home. Check out your local floral shop and ask about these beauties. They bloom from late summer until late fall, and make for a beautiful wreath at your entry way.
5. Rachel Brown Jewelry 14K Gold Ring with Swarovski Crystal Eye Charm $595 – Playful and spiritual, this is the next item I plan to purchase from Rachel’s collection. You can engrave it with the 72 Names of G-d, your Kabbalistic Astrological Sign, or keep it religious free with just a Name/Initials. Her jewelry has an explainable power. I know you’re thinking, “Pam, you need a nap!”. I do. But, I also know in my gut I feel better when I wear her jewelry. Chalk it up to a placebo effect, if you so choose.
This post was so close to being finished, save for a bit of editing and photo creation. I was hopeful to have a minute on Sunday – what I had was a deep desire for an EJECT BUTTON. #OneOfThoseDays … Which brings me to Monday. Hi Monday. You’ve been kinda good – except for the emergency doctor visit for David.
After dropping off Ilana at daycare, while putting David back in the car, I noticed a massive, MASSIVE bump on the side of his head. S#@t! Something hideous must have bit him in the car. Speeding to the doctor. Doctor checks all vitals and tells me he must have fallen. I didn’t see or hear him fall! Okay, but you’re good. Seven hours later, the swelling is down and I’m 100% certain it was a bug bit, based on the two side by side bits that are now visible. Assume 24 surveillance mode. Bug bites are no joke.
So, Monday, I still love you. It’s 4pm. David is OKay. I asked the babysitter to come over for three-hours, so I could catch up on work, go get some fun Sukkot decorations (ya I’m a bit late), grocery shopping, and pick up Ilana from daycare without lugging David.