Happy Friday. We’ve managed our families from Monday through today, and we’ve managed to make it to the weekend with our sanity – well, most of it! With Saturday on the horizon, it looks like everything is coming up roses.
No, seriously, it’s all rosy and roses, with June being National Rose Month. Here’s a fun post I found about it on TheGardenDiary.com.
Do you have a favorite rose? Mine is the Cabbage Rose.
To celebrate National Rose Month, I’m spotlighting five of my favorite rosy finds for mom, kids and home. I hope you love this romantic, elegant flower and scent just as much as I do.
1. True Violet 2 In 1 Pencil Dress In Rose Floral Print $96 – If you’re like me and will never sport the crop top look, but like the idea of a layered crop over a high-waisted skirt, this dress is your summer-style solution. Wear this rose-print dress without worrying about things (you know what I’m talking about) popping out, or feeling out-of-bounds for your age. Sorry, but the rules do change as you get older, and some things – ie crop tops – should be left to the teenagers.
2. Le Grand Courtage Brut Rose $25 – Fruity, fresh and super fun to drink alone, or serve to guests -mini bottles available and perfect for al-fresco parties-, this rose is my new go-to summer drink. (PS Be on the lookout for it to pop up in an upcoming Pamela+Vanessa #momsandwhine episode).
3. Naturopathica Rose Geranium Soothing Mist $28 – Ideal for keeping skin hydrated during the summer heat, I also keep this mist by my desk for a mid-day refresh. And, it was one of my lux labour bag essentials. Steve, my husband, misted me during delivery. It’s a fabulous touch to a not-always-so-fab process.
4. Schylling Children’s Tin Tea Set $19.95 My little girl loves to play tea. Actually, so does my son! They must get it from their mother. My tea obsession knows no bounds.
5. Diptyque Roses Candle $62 — This is great to burn when guests are coming. I’m a fan of burning candles in hallway bathrooms, used by guests.