Forget about Mother’s Day. You hustle like a mom and need a real holiday, with proper celebratoriy practices … Happy National Drink Wine Day, ladies!
I’m celebrating by upcycling terrible red wine – that should not be consumed by mouth, but can still be a useful beauty booster – into a DIY wine scrub.
This mama isn’t exactly a DIY queen, but I hate throwing out food, and that includes wine. So, after a little digging into the proper ingredients and proportions for scrubs, I’ve come up with a wine-tastic Wine & Chocolate Sugar Scrub.
Drink some wine and enjoy the leftovers, tonight, for your well-deserved Mom Sunday Spa Night.
DIY Wine Sugar Scrub INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup sugar (I love the taste and texture of raw, organic sugar)
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 drop of vanilla extract (because I love the smell)
DIY Wine Sugar Scrub DIRECTIONS
- Combine the coconut oil and sugar in a bowl and mix until creamy, making sure to work though all clubs with the back of a spoon.
- Add the wine and cocoa powder continuing to stir. The vivid red color and yummy smell will start to come through. Try not to eat your scrub!
- Add a drop of vanilla oil or an essential oil if desired.
Beauty Benefits of Red Wine & a Wine Sugar Scrub
- Red Wine improves blood circulation, which keeps your skin rejuvenated
- Red wine contains polyphenols that prevent cell oxidation, so kiss dull skin goodbye and say hello to your new glow
- The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties in red wine cleanse skin of oil and impurities, and also reduce further acne breakouts
- The amino acids in red wine boost skin renewal
- Antioxidants in red wine form a protective barrier over your skin, which combat the harmful damage we get from sun exposure (PS Sunscreens still needed!!)