If you live in Connecticut, I hope you had a chance to check on my groovy, 70s Accessories Spring 2015 Trends segment on ABC’s CT Style, which aired this morning at 9am.
I feel blessed that I was able to spend my Thursday morning with such lovely people, including the glowing, 8-month-pregnant, co-host Teresa Dufour . (Bonus blessing that my hubby opted to drive me to the studio, and work remotely from the car, while I did my think on set. Five hours in the car with my beloved )equals happy wife!)
Oh, but I digress. The accessories …
Here are some tips to keep in mind when shopping for 1970’s style and accessories:
- Don’t over do it. A denim jumpsuit, paired with a fringe bag, floppy hat and chevron print sandals only works on Rachel Zoe.
- Choose one or two accessories and mix them with your existing wardrobe. For instance, layer a wooden belt over your favorite little white dress and finish off the look with gladiator sandals.
- Always accessorize for your age. If you were of age to rock the 70s look in the 70s, you may be too mature (I refuse to use the word “old”!) to bust out in full floral blossoms. Lets leave that to the teenagers and early 20-somethings at Coachella.
1. CornettiConca Gladiator Knee High Sandal $395
2. Valentino Rockstud 1973 Striped Leather Gladiator Sandals $1095
3. Saint Laurent Fringe-Trimmed Suede High-Top Espadrilles
4. Elyse Walker Alex Suede Fringe Sandals $495
5. PRADA Wooden-Heeled Leather Sandals $720
1. Ramy Brook Camile Fringe Messenger $425
3. Proenza Schouler Multicolor Python Large Bucket Bag $2450
4. H&M Shoulder Bag with Fringe $30
2. J.Jill Straw Tote
1. Blue Box Jewels Sterling Silver Turquoise Triple Triangle Necklace $80
2. De Buman 18k Goldplated Oval Turquoise Ring $39
3. Passiana Gunmetal Fringe Necklace $50
4. Moira Anne Artisan Tree of Life Bracelet $28
5. De Buman 18k Goldplated Fancy Created Turquoise Ring $65
6. Belcho Textured Triangle with Circle Dangle Earrings $45
7. Pretty Little Style Goldtone Aztec Print Dangle Earrings $16
8. Journee Collection Vintage Multi-colored Acrylic Stretch Bracelet $12
9. H&M Fringe Cuff with Faux Raw Stone (not show in photo. Available in stores.)
HATS / BELTS / HAIR ACCESSORIES
1. AEO Wide Brim Fedora Hat $39
2. H&M LOVES COACHELLA Hair decoration with flowers $15
3. H&M Flower Hair Clip $7
6. AEO Tinted Aviator Sunglasses $15
Red Carpet Manicure Blossom Soiree DIY Nail Art Kit $19 … GIVEAWAY ALERT. Click here for the chance to win this fun nail art kit and decorate your nails in the 70s spirit of flower power!!